PRINT PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Print Production Coordinator
The Production Coordinator position acts as a liaison between the customer, sales Rex representatives (reps) and the internal teams. Is responsible for developing and sustaining internal and external customer working relationships. The Production Coordinator oversees and manages the production of the job from the time the project begins through the completion of the given project deliverables. The Production Coordinator also coordinates communication between the sales reps, customers and manufacturing teams. Timely and frequent contact with customers and manufacturing teams make this a critical position for monitoring and improving the Company’s quality, performance and reputation in the market place.
This position is critical to company quality, productivity and efficiency. Strong organizational work habits, sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and follow-through on time-sensitive activities are critical to ensure a quality product, customer satisfaction, customer retention, and company performance.
- Production Coordinator must exercise judgment and demonstrate industry knowledge to properly plan, modify, and implement production procedures for a job. Technical knowledge in graphic arts is an ongoing (and changing) requirement. This issue in particular includes (but is not limited to) The Company’s electronic prepress capabilities, production processes and procedures, and general industry best practices.
- Production Coordinator should assess and understand assigned customer’s needs and expectations, in order to communicate proper manufacturing instructions that meet our quality and productivity standards. Documentation, follow-up, and disciplined support of deadlines and communication are critical.
- All Department policies and procedures must be followed. Any deviations must be discussed with Department Manager.
- Direct account responsibility: The Department Managers make the final decision as to whether a particular job is up to company or customer standards. If the determination is made that a finished product is not acceptable, Production Coordinator or Department Manager has the authority to redo the job. Likewise, a Production Coordinator has authority and obligation to stop production if there is a need or concern.
- Management of assigned accounts: The Production Coordinator is to personally act as the representative on behalf of the company in all activities. This includes, for example, reviewing a proof with a customer, notifying the customer or account executive of alteration charges, and shipping the job per the customers' instructions. Customer complaints, customers’ expressed concerns, where the company’s performance is perceived as “falling short” of customers’ expectations and requests that the company does not respond positively to should be communicated in a timely manner to the account executive and immediate supervisor. Recognizing and supporting opportunities to improve performance for customers is a central role for this position. Any advice or recommendations the Production Coordinator can make to improve the production of a job should be voiced to management and/or the sales rep. (EX: cost, efficiency). If there is a change in the job midstream, the Production Coordinator should notify management, the rep and the client immediately of the change. Preparing and submitting an AA or PE as required.
- Communicate and help drive production schedules regarding customer’s jobs is a daily requirement for an effective Production Coordinator. Keeping managers informed of customer information is critical for maintaining the effectiveness and support of both account executive and manufacturing.
- The Production Coordinators mission is to please the customer by delivering them a quality product with great services and value. They need to strive to provide ultimate customer experience.
- Must have the ability to appropriately communicate and interact with customers, as well as other employees and managers.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn new processes and procedures to improve customer service.
- Take pride and ownership in all they do.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately.
- Strong listening skills with intentional understanding.
- Ability to remain organized through excellent prioritization skills, keeping an organized workspace.
- Positive team approach that “nothing is impossible”.
- Conduct themselves with noted respect for others.
- Welcome responsibility, with the ability to make decision under pressure.
- Follow all safety procedures and company policy
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- An associate's degree in printing or related field is optimal. A High School diploma or GED is acceptable along with related experience.
- Three (3) years minimum printing industry experience.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
- Above-average math and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills a plus.